Skip to main content

My favorite verse in the Bible!?

 ALIVE YOUTH CHURCH WEEKLY

MARK YOUR CALENDARS OCTOBER 26TH = COSTUME PARTY!!!!

If you missed AYC this Sunday night, just know: we laughed hard, worshiped even harder, and left with a smile on our faces, our hearts challenged and ready for the week to come. Oh, how great is our God! How great is He, that He wants a relationship with you and me, allowing us to have a close and intimate relationship with our Savior! Between the snacks, games, and exciting worship, we zoomed in on a specific verse in Acts 4. One small verse with a big, powerful message. 

“When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and took note that these men had been with Jesus.” — Acts 4:13 (NIV)

One of my all-time favorite verses in the bible. I want to be known as someone who has been with Jesus. Marked by Him. That my presence, words, actions, and energy would all point towards Jesus alive in me. It takes courage to live for Jesus; luckily, He doesn't wait for us to find it. He provides it. Don't look around and wait to be perfect before being with Jesus. Look what He did with the unschooled, ordinary disciples. I don't think they ever thought they would be healing people outside the city or leading thousands to Christ. 

What can't you imagine happening? 

What are you waiting to fix before going to Jesus?

If Jesus does amazing things through ordinary, unschooled people... what can he do with us? 

The people weren’t blown away by Peter and John’s credentials or popularity. They didn’t have perfect resumes, qualifications, or all the skills the world may say you need. What stood out? They had been with Jesus.

Can’t wait to see you this Sunday. Same time, same place. Bring a friend, come with a smile, ready to be with Jesus together. 

- Isaac Fehlen

Youth Pastor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Really Have to Care About This?

Alive Youth Church Weekly You all really brought it for the Ugly Sweater Christmas Party. What a great way for AYC to close out the year! Remember, no AYC on December 21st or 28th I'll see you all again in 2026! Cue the "I haven't seen you all year" jokes... or even better, the "I haven't showered yet this year" ...don't be that guy. Alive Youth Church Weekly will continue to post every Tuesday, keep checking in to stay up to date and aware of what's going on in the heart of our ministry.   AYC loves you! Never hesitate to reach out. You can always get a response via our Instagram page, my email (Youth@wsfc.org), or through a leader. I'd love to hear from you! Some thoughts for this week: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” — Colossians 3:23–24 I’ve been thinking a...

Never Out of Season

Happy December, Alive Youth Church! Welcome to Alive Youth Church Weekly Thanksgiving has come and gone, and here we are saying goodbye to November and hello to December and Christmas. And for those of you who have been in Christmas mode since  right after Halloween … well, nothing has really changed for you. I can hardly believe we’re already wrapping up 2025. Is it just me, or are the months rushing past us? What even happened to the sunny months? Wasn’t  that just last week? Whoever decided to put the best holidays in the coldest season knew exactly  what they were doing. They basically said, “If people are going to be freezing, stuck indoors, and drenched in rain, we might as well stuff them with turkey, mashed potatoes, and give them gifts from an old guy with a white beard.” Honestly, genius. All that to say… It’s  December already, and that blows my mind. Because of Thanksgiving last week, we didn’t have AYC. I hope you didn’t miss us  too  much...

5 Things I've Learned in 24 Years

Alive Youth Church Weekly, Readers, I write this to you on my 24th birthday. I mention this because I expect texts, Instagram shoutouts, and fantastic gifts from every single one of you.  False.  I've learned that I actually greatly dislike celebrating my birthday and the attention that comes with it. But I tell you about my birthday because I want to share with you 5 things I've learned as a 24-year-old youth pastor. I would love to say 24 things I've learned as a 24-year-old youth pastor, but nobody wants to read that long of a blog, and I'm not completely sure I've learned that many things. At least not 24 things important enough to share. So I am sticking with 5.  Number 1: Busyness will mask itself as fruitfulness.  If you're busy, it does not always mean you are producing fruit. You can mark up your calendar and fill your entire day; you can have every meeting, plan an excessive amount, and go all out for every event and still not make disciples. Busyness ...